ELIGIBILITYThere are two eligibility requirements for the Honors Program.
You may fulfill the EWRT1A eligibility requirement through one of the following methods:
* You have already successfully taken EWRT1A at De Anza College.
* You have already successfully taken the equivalent of EWRT1A at another college, and De Anza’s Assessment Office has noted your account/transcript.
* You took the De Anza placement test and were placed into EWRT1A.
* You have already passed (or are currently taking) all required developmental level classes at De Anza College that you need to be eligible for EWRT1A.
You may fulfill the GPA requirement or equivalent through one of the following methods:
* You have a college cumulative gpa of 3.3 or higher. You may use this option only if you have taken at least 15 UC transferable quarter units.
* You have a cumulative unweighted gpa of 3.5 or higher from a U.S. high school. You may use this option only if your high school graduation date was no later than 9 months ago.
* You have an SAT critical reading score of 600 or higher AND an SAT critical writing score of 600 or higher. You may use this option only if you took the SAT no later than 2 years ago.
The EWRT1A eligibility requirement is strictly enforced. If you do not meet the GPA eligibility requirement but meet the EWRT1A eligibility requirement, you may still apply for the Honors Program. We do make exceptions to the gpa requirement on a case-by-case basis, occasionally accepting students on a probationary basis. Students who are accepted on a probationary basis may take a maximum of one Honors class per quarter and must show continuous improvement towards attaining a 3.3 gpa or higher while at De Anza College. Once students meet the minimum gpa requirement, they will no longer have a probationary status and may enjoy the full privileges of the Honors Program as long as they have fulfilled all the other obligations of an Honors noted under the “Student Responsibility” section of the Honors website.